Tuesday, September 7, 2010

reality bites

The troops are almost settled back into the school schedule (although the long weekend set us back a smidge) and, surprisingly, I am finding more difficulty with the change of pace than I bargained for. I feel a bit like a whirling dervish and I am spinning in oblivion. My focus is gone and my motivation to clean and be productive is nonexistent. I am adjusted to the getting up and the making of breakfasts and lunches and helping with the wardrobe selections and ensuring that they brush their teeth and board the bus, but after that, after 8:30A, I am lost. I notice that I am on the phone an awful lot and I can waste a fair amount of time online (thanks to Boden and Facebook). The baby and I count down the hours for the big kids to come home. I thought that I would be thrilled with the peace and quiet, but not so much. I have had the opportunity to reflect upon what I have learned this past summer - baby guinea pigs do not, in fact, like the tub. But, if you are going to live here, baths are not an option, right? Unfortunately, it does not speak English, so there is little to no consoling this fuzzy creature (by the way - 1 guinea pig free to a good home. Or any home. Takers??) Also, hanging plants don't flourish if you forget to water them for 2 months - I should probably just throw those dead guys away, but they might make good Halloween decorations if I keep them up a little longer and then throw some fake spider webs on them. They do match nicely with my driveway that needs to be mowed and the toys strewn on the walkway (so sorry neighbors). I have gotten my money's worth from the state park pass and I made it to the Lobster Shack before the end of the season. We have had tons of fun, played hard and slept well (except for the really steamy nights as we still have no AC - we're tough Mainers). I suppose it's time for me to hunker down, dig out the fall sweaters that I have missed so dearly and get ready for - wait for it - the holidays (only 108 days until the fat man drops down the chimney)!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, Following you now from Making Friends Monday! Please follow my blog of inspiring messages, all original work of mine.

    http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete