Tuesday, August 31, 2010

inconceivable!

I am a girl that is easily amused, entertained and gladsome. I live for simple pleasures and I try to appreciate my life and keep my focus on the good stuff. This morning, on the way to the bus stop, I was nailed by a 6 year old for being "crabby-licious" (she was purple-licious, the baby was cutie-licious, the boy was stripey-licious, the daddy was fun-licious and the dog was stinky-licious). Clearly, I have been putting off the wrong vibes. With all the back-to-school preparations and the blistering heat, I have lost sight of the very things that I am most grateful for. That being said, I have trumped up a list (boy, do I love lists!) of some of my faves, in no particular order:

* free rides on the turnpike (yippy skippy this happened today!)
* 8P (kids in bed time)
* warm baths
* Ben & Jerry
* turning on the radio and hearing my entire best song (not just the last 26 seconds)
* pretty dresses
* trying on jeans that I haven't worn all summer and realizing that they still fit!
* Red Neck jokes
* man with no arms and no legs jokes
* trashy soaps
* a certain toddler asleep on my shoulder
* baking cakes
* morning cuddles with my sweet boy child
* best girl friends
* my little honey's blonde ringlets
* picture slideshows
* getting my hair did
* stripes & polka dots
* the smell of Play-Doh

Gosh, these seem to just gloss the surface of my otherwise dulled brain, but it's a commendable start. I challenge you all with the same assignment - create a manifest that inspires you to be contented and tickled with your humble surroundings. Keep it handy and refer to these goodies whenever you are in the downy dumps or when your children complain of your rotten attitude.

1 comment:

  1. Haha I love that you said redneck jokes! i love dresses too.

    I just found your blog through the Making Friends Monday blog hop. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete