Monday, August 9, 2010

Mrs. No More Mr. Nice Guy

The sears repair guy was scheduled to come over this morning (Monday - the 4th worst day of the week after Tuesday and Wednesday but before Thursday, and then Friday). My dear hubby carries the title of is Mr. Fun Guy while I am defaulted the good old leftover Mrs. No More Mr. Nice Guy. What does this mean on Monday? Well, after not selling furniture all weekend (a skill that I have honed), I am greeted in the wee hours of the morning with children that would rather play with Daddy (except when they are hungry or tired or need to get the play doh out of a lego guy's foot or rescue a fallen littlest pet shop from far behind the TV). "Aw, is it Monday already?", they grump. First order of business - attitude adjustments. Enter the repair guy at precisely 7:58A (3 minutes earlier I would have still been rinsing the shampoo out of my hair because 8A-12P really means 3P, right? Wrong! I am the only person in the history of people that actually has a repair person arrive at the designated time.) at the side door - cue barking dog and panicked screaming toddler with stranger anxiety and, of course, Thing 1 and Thing 2 are wrestling in the middle of the living room over silly putty and a tiny blue plastic bird. Oh, and did I forget to mention that I was on the phone with a very important associate (well, friend, but it wouldn't have mattered either way) and I scream, "I will rip your hand off if you do not unleash those toys you beasties!" - outloud! I meant to just scream on the inside, but, it's Monday and I haven't adjusted the sensor just yet. (Pretty sure that when the man with the nametag reading Denny said he needed to go to the van to "get a part", he was really calling child services.) I apologized for the screaming, "hehe. Kids. Yes, that is an actual, real life guinea pig in the tourette of that toy castle. No, we aren't zoned as a farm or a daycare. And sure, I will answer a few survey questions." Good grief. I hereby relinquish my appointed duties as Mrs. No More Mr. Nice Guy and declare that I will be Invisible Emergency Only Lady until Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment