Monday, August 16, 2010

this is not the Holiday Inn!!

Find yourself making empty threats and and spouting off absolute gibberish when dealing with your children lately? Show of hands? I find that I can barely jell a complete nonsensical thought in my brain. I am not sure if it is summer vacation or if I have been absent in the grown-up workforce for so long that I don't actually know how to construct complete thoughts anymore or if it has anything to do with the chemical fumes in Aisle 12 at the grocery store, but whatever the case, I have become a mush brain. I did go to college and I did work for a spell, but something switched when I first became pregnant and my grey matter seems to have dramatically deteriorated after each consectutive baby. I used to be smart, darn it! Those days are but a mere memories (on good day, a blur on the others), and I now hear myself threatening to take away video games and TV (a much more painful consequence for me because, now I need to find other things for them to do) and endlessly nagging them to do or not to do something - anything. I sound like the broken CD (who am I kidding - one of many) in my car that just keeps playing the same line over and over and over again (I should really just throw it away, but I am holding onto hope that it will miraculously mend itself during the dark hours). Or I ramble on about things like, "This is NOT the Holiday Inn! I am not the maid!" or, "This is not Burger King - you can not have it your way!" Who is this crazy lady? I really wasn't looking forward to sending the kids back onto the big yellow (although it always looks more like yellow-orange to me, but whatever) bus, but today, I can't wait! The thoughts of taking a shower by myself and cleaning the bathroom without interuption or watching trash on TV (weakness of mine - shh) are getting me through this day. I hope that I feel stronger tomorrow and I can appreciate their reindeer games, but right now, I want Calgon to take me away!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment