Wednesday, January 4, 2012

fake wood wicked hard...

it is. Seriously. (don't say it) Each year after the New Year's ball has officially dropped, I splurge on a 1/2 price calendar at Staples. I prefer the kind that is actually paper that features a whole month at a glance (true name of product). I like to write on it with an actual pen. I am most painfully uncool and under-sophisticated my kiddos scoff as they whiz past with their new ipod touches (do not mistake these for plain old ipods because if they are referred to those unworthy bits, children will not acknowledge any threats of harm to them, as they are to be called by their proper ipod touch name). Anyway, as I do each year, I try to attach the calendar to the pantry wall by means of the teacup wall hook. Brilliant, yes? Except here is the trouble for the third year in a row:

1) can not find hammer
2) decide to use maglight flashlight instead
3) smoosh thumb
4) curse at lost hammer and flashlight and stupidity
5) muster all anger and screw that sucker into the door anyway
6) fail miserably
7) walk away with sore digits
8) cover hole with kid artwork (again)
9) keep calendar on island until I forget episode and try again next January.

Ugh. Resolutions = 17 (so far...)
Me = 0

No comments:

Post a Comment