Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 2 of summer vacation...

Cleaning and purging tear continues. Took door off hinges. Washed and dryed and re-hung shower curtains. Thought I broke Kenmore washer. Cursed at stupid clothes shredder for a bit. Fixed it all by myself. Happy with my ingenuity and disappointed because I really wanted to call Sears and buy snazzy new front loader. I figure with the money that I saved by not purchasing a brandy new appliance that I should reward myself with a lovely swishy skirt from Boden. I haven't fed the kids yet, but it's only 11:35A and no one has complained yet. I did see some cheese crunchies on the kitchen floor though - evidence. Maybe I should apply for a CSI job? I do need a new job. (Note to self: research employment options for mum with awesome skills.) The front wildflowers, side lilacs, porch hangers, rock garden and fruit and veggie gardens are watered but I noticed that they are all in desperate need of weeding. (Side note #2: send all 6 kids out to pull stray, unwanted greenies.) Seems terribly, wonderfully quiet...

Head count done and each accounted for. (Good thing I keep a few spare blondies around.) I have just ironed the 97th melty glow-in-the-dark bead creation and am preparing for the Tuesday Lip Sync contest (I have chosen a plucky rendition of Lisa Loeb's "Stay" and I will be competing with favorites from Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars and the Black Eyed Peas. Lewis, the nearly toothless, slightly OCD Yorkie will judge.) After today, I think that I will have accomplished a whole week's worth of chores, arts and crafts and I will allow Operation Brain Rot to commence. As you might have guessed, I have consumed 4 cups of iced coffee and to combat the imminent caffeine crash, I will probably have 3 more.

These are my lazy days of summer, my absolutely ultimate favorite time of year. The time to reconnect with my little lovies and find the best self-tanning lotion on the shelves of Rite Aid. How could I possibly be more fortunate? I am so grateful that I am coming out of the funk that has plagued me for, what feels like, ever. Happy Summer Solstice!

No comments:

Post a Comment